A warm, satisfying fall salad.
1⁄2 pound root vegetables (any variation of sweet potatoes, carrots, turnips, parsnips), diced
4 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
2 medium shallots
1⁄2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
3 cups frisee (or other bitter salad green) 1⁄2 tbs. apple cider vinegar
1 tbs. Dijon or stone ground mustard Dash of sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
2. Line baking sheet with piece of parchment paper.
3. In medium bowl, toss diced vegetables and shallots with 1 tbs. of olive oil and 1/2 tsp sea salt to coat.
4. Spread the veggies out in one layer on a baking sheet.
5. Roast in oven until all veggies are tender and some are starting to brown at the edges (about 22-25 minutes).
6. Drizzle another tablespoon of olive oil and add fresh rosemary to the vegetables and toss to coat.
7. Meanwhile, combine remaining 2 tbs. of olive oil, vinegar, and mustard in a small
bowl and whisk with a fork until well combined.
8. Place frisee in mixing bowl, pour dressing over greens and toss to coat.
9. Serve salad, top with roasted vegetables.
Carrots: Rich in fiber, antioxidants, and phytonu- trients, carrots aid the digestive tract and protect against colon cancer.
Parsnips: High in vitamins and fiber, parsnips help lower cholesterol and regulate blood sugar.
Turnips: This cruciferous veggie aids the body’s natural detoxification process, and is also a great source of vitamin C.
11/7/2022 04:36:19 am
Thaank you for sharing
Leave a Reply.
We have to eat everyday, don't we?